I don't know that I have anything really eventful to post today, but it is Sunday night and I just wanted to get some thoughts out of my head and on to paper (so to speak.) Dave is looking over the many different carrer choices that he has to decide on going into the MBA program, it is quite the process trying to pick one thing that you will potentially do for the rest of your life, he is going back and forth, will I like this? Will it make enough income to support the family? You know, all that "dad stuff". I wish I could shoulder more of the burden for him, I can act as a sounding board when the kids aren't screaming or needing too much of my attention, but mostly it is up to him. All I really care about is that he is happy and it is a stable company, we already went thorugh the roller coaster ride with an ever changing company...that is for another post!
I am realizing that we are at one of the many precipices in our lives, we have to decide where we are going, I am gripping that everyday is not so normal anymore, we are going to recruiting meetings with some of the big 4 accounting firms, internships for the summer need to be sought for in the next month. I am feeling that we just started this journey called MBA school, and now we are forced to decide NOW what we are going to do.
In the mean time, I am working to supplement our income. This past week I calculated and between my 4 jobs I worked just over 20 hours, no wonder I am so tired and my house is a mess and there are piles of laundry waiting to be folded! I am so grateful for all of my families help, they are good to watch the kids for bits of time so I can work. But this week in house cleaning, a vacuum fell down the stairs as I was vacuuming and hit my back, it hurt, and then the next day I had a double wedding to set up. It was so tiring moving 2 trailers full of wedding decor and setting up, oh my! I really prayed for strength that day! Dave did give me a good back rub.
I am learning to never say the word never, it always comes back to get me. I never wanted to be in Relief Society, it was equated with death, there is no where to go after RS. You start in Primary work your way up and then there is no where but the end, called death. So I NEVER wanted to go, then I get to Ricks College as a Freshman and my first Sunday there they call me to be in the RS Presidency! I asked them if they got me mixed up with another Michelle Brown? Then I am awaiting my mission call, I didn't want to go to North Carolina, I had a roommate that, well, let's just say we were on opposite sides of the spectrum., when we were blasting music and jumping on the couches, my mom wasn't there to tell me otherwise, but here mom was ALWAYS there in spirit! She just got her call there and I didn't want to go there! So where did I get called?!? NC! So last week we get called into the Bishops office, I really never want to be in the nursery, not that I don't love kids, but that is currently my life and I so look forward to church as a break and for adult interaction and spiritually stimulating discussions, well guess where Dave and I got called? THE NURSERY. It was all I could do to hold back tears. I have come to terms with it, I think it is what I have been praying for, just not the way I thought my answer to prayer would have come. It will be a good way to meet parents with kids Hailey's age, possibly make some friends in this neighborhood that are closer to our age.
Today in church we got read in. I knew this was coming today and was preparing for it as soon as we sat down in Sacrament meeting, getting Hailey her snack and making sure Preston was fed, changed and happy.....They have you stand and as we stood Preston started to get fussy,Hailey started screaming; "I'm poopy! I'm poopy!" Oh great, so now we are the poopy Jamison family, we will go down in history as that thanks to my cute little girl (whom we took out and changed, she wasn't poopy.) The member of the Bishopric that read us in didn't realize that we had 2 kids, he only read in Hailey so we are kind of having this conversation from the congregation to the pulpit and my kids are making everyone else appreciate that their kids are all grown!
In the mean time, I am just living life day to day, not praying for a motor to row my boat when I have already been given a perfectly good oar. I have a wonderful hubby and 2 beautiful healthy, happy children, really what more could I want? (Okay, there is one thing, all the new fall clothes are coming out and I am dying for a new outfit, but I think I will use the money to buy groceries for my family instead and just dream about how cute that sweater would look! A girl can dream, right?)
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Random Ramblings
Posted by Michelle at 10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
THIS TO SHALL PASS. Just keep telling yourself this. Good luck- the kids are lucky to have such a fun Nursery leader. So I have an idea-it seems that when you get comfortable and start liking something, the Lord will change it up. So dig in and soon enough you'll have a new calling. :D Lots of love!
I feel your pain on many fronts. Of course I am also an MBA wife and about to be a mom. The job market is not great hear, but hopefully something will turn up soon for me. It can be very stressful, especially with trying to help your hubby decide what to do (and what you hope he might do).
As far as the nursery goes...I got called into nursery last year (lucky for me it only lasted about a month and then I got another calling). I help back the tears only until I got out of the bishops office and then I lost it. It is a challenge to miss the grown-up part of church for awhile, but I think you are right about it giving you a great opportunity to meet other young parents.
Thanks for the updates! I'm always a phone call away if you need someone to commiserate with.
Aaah Michelle. I feel your pain about having to make major life decisions - such as hubby's career. That's about where we find ourselves, too. It can be daunting, to be sure. You're such a devoted wife and mother, and I admire all you're doing to help your family.
Oh, Princess Michelle- how I know your pain! :) We are deciding right now where to go to school for my husband's MBA, I am not looking forward to it.
I too have a calling that I actually cried IN the bishop's office. And my kids are always the ones who talk really loud during the sacrament prayer, and say really embarrasing things.
I just pray, daily that this will pass soon.
You will be a great Nursery Leader- I would trust you with my kids, and that is saying a lot. Those kids are so lucky to have someone great like you- and you get to play all church and eat snacks :)
Keep the Faith!
It is good to hear from you (so to speak). We ended up doing what you suggested, when our place wasn't selling we turned to renting. It rented out really quickly, so we are temporarily living in a place near my mom's until the baby is born. Then we are off to school!
I am sorry to laugh, but the poopy Jamison Family comment you made is really funny! It totally made my day. I guess I am laughing now before our little one is born and gets old enough to start doing things like that that will embarrass me. But honestly overall it sounds like things are coming together for you guys. I am glad.
Oh and not trying to freak you out, this is Heather P. from your old ward. I got to your blog through someone else's blog in the ward, though I don't remeber whose.
You are so wonderful Michelle. I look up to you in many ways. I am sorry if you are feeling down. I wish I could live next door to you again and come see you every day. I really miss you. Good luck in nursery, hopefully you will find some playmates. You are such a good solid family you will be blessed enormously.
I Love you Girl! Isn't crazy that we have to go through these things? I am glad i am not the only one. I am staring to realize that I am easily excited, like if Lucy eats 5 bits of her veggies without me having to shove them into her mouth, it makes me so so happy.How did the meeting go? Grady and I loved Nursery when we were in it! But that was before kids.
Sending my love in cardboard.
I'm convinced that life wouldn't be interesting without kids. Doesn't it make you wonder what kinds of things you said when you were little?
And you'll do great in nursery! Yes, it is nice to get to go the adult portion of church, but working with the kids is like being reborn! What an awesome opportunity you have to teach the littlest members.
It's also great that you'll be able to see first hand how Hailey interacts with certain kids, and from that be able to find good friends. I know it probably won't be easy, and it's certainly not what you were looking for, but it will be a special time for your whole family. I always love having callings with my husband, it seems like I get to know him so much better!
Post a Comment